Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Beginning is Upon Us!

Hello Blog World!
     Sorry for my long absence...it has been busy with room set up and meetings (as you know well).  This year I went with the theme of social media for my room.  I think it turned out well and hope that it will be of great use this year.

 Pinterest has been a great inspiration source for me.  The dark blue bulletin board has a "facebook" theme.  I made a getting to know you facebook profile template that I will have the students fill out and put in that space.  The Twitter board I plan to use as a form of exit slips. Although it is not in the picture, I also made an iHelp chart that has room for 9 jobs.  I am trying to decide if it would be best to create the jobs, have the students create the jobs, or I do some and they do others.  I am also trying to decide if they should apply for the positions and what that would look like.  Has anyone had their students apply for the positions before?

I have spent a good part of last week filling up those book shelves but still have some empty space so I decided I am going to bring in my books.  I learned that at Staples you can customize stamps so I got one with my name on it and plan on stamping the inside of my books.

I am excited and nervous for Tuesday!! I met most of my students and they seem so sweet (but a little shy right now).  I am hoping it will be a great year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...